REKA (a Creative Market)
REKA 2019: GUIDELINES & SUBMISSION
In collaboration with Hin Pop Up Market, LUMA and Tabletop Game Designers of Malaysia (TTGDMY), REKA is about showcasing great products and the people behind it: the makers and product designers. The products may range from art prints to accessories, stationeries to furnitures, functional and decorative items. Held in the Hin Bus Depot gallery, the market is open daily from 12pm to 8pm on weekdays and 11am to 8pm on weekends from 10 to 19 May 2019.
All submissions should be emailed to email@example.com by 19 April 2019.
Guidelines & Regulations:
- there are no rental or submission charges.
- products must be designed and/or produced by the designer themselves.
- sales transactions will be done through the gallery.
- designers do not have to be present throughout the show period but are encouraged to be present during the weekends to meet visitors and other designers.
- 20% sales commission will be charged.
- HBD does not cover logistics costs, to and from the venue.
- HBD does not provide accommodation for travelling designers.
- items can be collected once the market ends on the last day. Temporary storage is available up to 7 days after the market ends. Advance notice is needed in case of extension. HBD will not be responsible for the condition of any uncollected items passed the deadline.
- sales summary will be provided to each designers once the market is wrapped up. Once confirmed, payment will be wired.
- all communications and approvals should be done through the Gallery Manager.
Materials needed for submission:
1. About yourself, your brand and your products. We'd like to know how it came about, what you're up to now and your vision. Please include some interesting facts like who you've worked with or even something a little bit more personal.
2. Product selection. Designers can suggest some products that would be suitable for the market in terms of type, variety and price range.
3. Images and videos of your products, yourself, the process or other promotional materials made by others about your brand.
4. Product details of each products for inventory purposes such as quantity, price, name of each items, etc. For 10 days, we suggest a max of 5 types of products and small amount of stock for each ones. However, this depends on the products as well.
5. Presentation. Product display plays an important role in enticing the visitors. Please suggest how you would like to display. We encourage the designers to setup the booths themselves. There will be tables provided. Share with us if you have any specific request.
6. Packaging. Designers are encouraged to provide their own packaging. If none, generic packaging for REKA will be used.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org before 19 April 2019.