REKA (a Creative Market)
REKA 2019: GUIDELINES & SUBMISSION
In collaboration with Hin Pop Up Market, REKA is about showcasing great products and the people behind it: the makers and product designers. The products may range from art prints to accessories, stationeries to furnitures, functional and decorative items. The theme of this market: Shapes and Shades.
All submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 September 2019.
Held in the Hin Bus Depot gallery, the market will be open daily from 12pm to 8pm on weekdays and 11am to 8pm on weekends from 9 to 24 November 2019.
Guidelines & Regulations:
- there are no rental or submission charges.
- products must be designed and/or produced by the designer themselves.
- all sales transactions will be done through the gallery.
- designers do not have to be present throughout the show period but are encouraged to be present during the weekends or scheduled events (i.e. opening, workshops, etc.) to meet visitors and other designers.
- 20% commission will be charged on all sales.
- HBD does not cover logistics costs, to and from the venue.
- HBD does not provide accommodation for travelling designers.
- items can be collected once the market ends on the last day. Temporary storage is available up to 7 days after the market ends. Advance notice is needed in case of extension. HBD will not be responsible for the condition of any uncollected items passed the deadline.
- sales summary will be provided to each designers once the market is wrapped up. Once confirmed, payment will be wired.
- all communications and approvals should be done through the Gallery Manager only.
Materials needed for submission:
1. About yourself, your brand and your products. We'd like to know how it came about, what you're up to now and your vision. Please include some interesting facts like who you've worked with or even something a little bit more personal.
2. Product selection. Designers can suggest some products that would be suitable for the market in terms of type, variety and price range.
3. Images and videos of your products, yourself, the process or other promotional materials about your brand.
4. Product details of each products for inventory purposes such as quantity, price, name of each items, etc. For 10 days, we suggest a max of 5 types of products and small amount of stock for each ones.
5. Presentation. Product display plays an important role in enticing the visitors. Please suggest how you would like to display. We encourage the designers to setup the booths themselves. There will be tables provided. Share with us if you have any specific request.
6. Packaging. Designers are encouraged to provide their own packaging. If none, generic packaging for REKA will be used.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com before 30 September 2019.